Abstract submission for IMC19 is now open!
The IMC19 Scientific Program Committees invite you to submit abstracts for consideration into the scientific program. The following presentation types are available for selection upon submission:
- Oral Presentation (15 minute presentation)
- Mini Oral Presentation + Digital Poster (3 minute presentation)
- Digital Poster Only (available to view on smartphones, tablets and interactive kiosks in the exhibition hall throughout the Congress, with scheduled 30 minute time slots alongside concurrent sessions for authors wishing to stand by their poster.)
- Hardcopy Poster (available on display in exhibition hall, with changeover of posters each day)
Submissions will explore four main program streams – Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Instrumentation and Techniques and Frontier Issues.
|Abstract Submission||Now open|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||1 February 2018|
|Author Notification||12 April 2018|
|Author Registration Deadline||10 May 2018|
Please note: The Scientific Program Committee may accept late breaking abstract submissions that includes research that has been planned, but not conducted or finalised by the first round abstract submission deadline of 1 February 2018. Should this progress, you will have an opportunity to submit a late breaking abstract, including the results and discussion, from 10 May 2018. Authors are advised late breaking submissions are not eligible for any IMC19 Awards.
Authors will be required to select one of the four Program Streams listed below that their abstract applies to.
Authors will then need to select a Symposia Topic within their chosen Program Stream that best encapsulates their work. Please click here to view the Program Streams in more detail.
Important Information Regarding Abstract Submission
- Please read through the following General Policies and Requirements before preparing your abstract.
- Read the Abstract Submission Instructions and Evaluation Criteria for the submission of abstracts.
- If you wish to be considered for an award, please click here for further information on eligibility.
- If you wish to be considered for a bursary, please click here for further information on eligibility.
- Please ensure you are registered for the Congress prior to 10 May 2018.
- All authors are required to create an author account here to submit their abstract.
General Policies and Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
Compliance to the specifications is imperative – any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review and will be returned to you by the Congress Managers for resubmission.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. The abstract should state the problem being addressed, the purpose of the paper, basic procedures/methods, main findings and principle conclusions in 2 – 3 paragraphs. References should be minimally cited in the body of the abstract.
Any funding support for research should be stated at the end.
The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
Please list ALL authors and affiliations within the text boxes as indicated on the abstract submission form.
Please list the contact author within the text box as indicated. The contact author may be different to the presenting author.
Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
- All abstracts must contain original work that has no prior ownership or copyright restrictions. Abstracts may be from a range of categories, including original research, case studies, and insight or review articles.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Submissions will be returned to the author without review if not in the correct format and must be resubmitted immediately in the correct format to be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the program.
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- The presenter will be required to register and pay for the Congress to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program, Congress Proceedings and the Congress Mobile App – deadline for author registration is 10 May 2018.
- Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a submission confirmation email stating your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Congress Managers.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. After an author has submitted their abstract they must check their submission, which will be converted to a PDF file, to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the respective Scientific Program Committee.
- Faxed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on disk/CD will not be accepted.
- Oral Presentations – It is a requirement of all presenters that a biography (maximum of 150 words) and photograph is supplied at the time of abstract submission. This is for use by the Symposia Chair in each session to introduce the presenter and to feed into the Congress Mobile App.
- Poster Presentations (Digital and Hardcopy Posters) – Instructions for the preparation of digital posters and hardcopy posters will be sent to authors upon notification of the abstracts acceptance.
- Write abstract title in the field provided using sentence case letters.
- Font type and size for the abstract text: Tahoma, 10pt left justified.
- DO NOT repeat the abstract title in the abstract text box provided.
- Use only the given space with a maximum of 500 words.
- The abstract MUST be 2- 3 paragraphs only. If format is not correct, it will be returned to the author to amend.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committees for consideration into the program.
Below are documents to assist you with your abstract preparation:
- Offers latest scientific information in the field of microscopy that has the potential to challenge/change current practice or foster professional debate.
- Clearly states the problem.
- Indicates aims or hypothesis of the research/paper.
- Describes appropriate methods/methodology.
- Describes relevant results/describes main findings.
- Draws valid conclusions from results/findings.
- Comments on relationship or recommendation to practice where suitable.
- Is relevant to the Congress audience.
Please follow the below steps to submit your abstract:
- Click the green ‘Submit Abstract’ button below to commence your submission.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the Congress Website and in this format.
- You will be asked to create an account for the Congress. Please remember your password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
- Upload your abstract in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- List all authors and their affiliations in the correct order, ensuring you indicate yourself as the presenting author for the abstract.
- Select your Program Stream and Symposia Topic as applicable to your abstract.
- Indicate your preferred presentation type. Please note your abstract may be accepted into the scientific program as a different presentation type to your requested presentation type.
- Click ‘Preview and Submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, click ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
The submitting author will be notified of the results of the review of abstracts by 10 May 2018.
The IMC19 Congress Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Arinex Pty Ltd
ABN 28 000 386 676
Level 10, 51 Druitt Street, Sydney
Ph: +61 2 9265 0700
Fax: +61 2 9267 5443