Sydney’s central business district is 10km north of the International Airport and takes approximately 20-30 minutes via car. The standard for this taxi fare costs A$25-50, depending on traffic. A regular airport to city bus service operates from approximately 0600 – 2100 hours and is not recommended for those with large amounts of luggage. Any queries can be discussed at the Travellers Information Desk at Sydney Airport.
If you would prefer to pre-order a taxi during your stay in Sydney, please contact one of the main taxi service operators below:
- Legion Cabs – Phone 13 14 51. Website: legioncabs.com.au
- Premier Cabs – 13 10 17. Website: premiercabs.com.au
- Silver Service – 13 31 00. Website: silverservice.com.au
- Taxis Combined – Phone 13 33 00. Website: taxiscombined.com.au
There is a train station located at both Domestic and International Terminals at Sydney Airport. During weekdays, trains run every 10 minutes on average and every 15 minutes on weekends. From the Domestic Terminal, it takes 10 minutes to reach Central Station and 15 minutes to Circular Quay. Lifts are available at both the International and Domestic terminals for easy transfer of luggage. Fares from Sydney Airport terminals to the city are approximately A$17 per adult for a single journey.
For further information on the service that the Airport Link provides, please visit the following website: www.airportlink.com.au/
Bistros, restaurants, cafes and coffee shops offer varied menus, prices and décor. Local specialties such as seafood and Australian wines are worth trying. At some restaurants you can keep bring your own wine or beer. These are known as “BYO” restaurants, an abbreviation for “bring your own”.
Goods and services tax (GST)
All prices quoted on this website are inclusive of 10% GST (Goods & Services Tax), unless otherwise specified. GST applies to most goods and services in Australia.
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the conference and book your travel that you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include:
- Loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the conference,
- Or through cancellation of the conference,
- Loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- Loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- Failure to utilise tours or pre booked arrangements due to airline delay, Force Majeure or any other reason,
- Medical expenses (including sickness and incident cover),
- Loss or damage to personal property,
- Additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have been altered.
The Conference Managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
The official and most widely spoken language in Australia is English, and is also the official language for the Conference.
Hotel parking is available directly opposite the hotel entrance on Sussex Street at the Wilson Parking Car Park. Guests who require parking should see the Commissionaire at the hotel entrance to obtain a parking ticket. The ticket allows multiple entries and exits within 24 hours. Please note that valet service is not available. This is Self-Parking facilities and the fees is AUD$45 per day, per 24 hours and includes unlimited in-out-access.
Passport and Visa information
All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia. Welcome letters can be requested by emailing the Congress Managers (email@example.com) following completion of Congress registration. For VISA information please download the following information factsheet and business information sheet from the Australian Immigration Office:
Note – it is strongly recommended that Australian Visa applications are lodged at least two months prior to departure from your point of origin. Make sure your passport is arranged well in advance of your departure date, valid for at least 6 months from departure and valid for the duration of your trip.
The Conference hosts and organisers have arranged for photography onsite throughout the Conference. The images may be used for post-Conference reports, case studies, marketing collateral and supplied to industry media if requested. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform an Arinex staff member at the registration desk onsite.
Australia operates under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches), 2017. The objective of these is to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Europe operates under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR aims primarily to give protection to citizens over their personal data. The legislation was adopted on 27 April 2016.
The Conference Managers comply with these legislations and are committed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Arinex will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct the information. You may also withdraw your consent for use of your information by advice to us in writing.
Why do we wish you to provide your information?
We require your information to facilitate provision of information to you regarding the Conference and to facilitate your participation in the Conference. Information collected in respect of your proposed participation in any aspect of the Conference will be used for the purposes listed below. You can give or withhold your consent for each or all of these uses. Please indicate your preferences when completing your registration form but please note that we will be unable to forward any information relating to the Conference or to communicate with you regarding your registration if you select ‘no’ to point 1.
What we will do with your information?
- Planning and conduct of the Conference including arrangements for your participation (e.g. accommodation booking);
- In the Delegate List published for the Conference;
- May also be provided to organisers of future occurrences of this Conference;
- May be used to provide you with information of other relevant events in your area of interest.
- The parties who will have access to your information (subject to your preference selections on above points) are the Conference Managers, the Conference host organisation (points 1 and point 4), delegates, sponsors and exhibitors of the Conference (point 2) and any future organisers of the Conference (point 3).
The parties mentioned above will rely on your above consent indications for the purposes of compliance.
- You may withdraw your granular consent at any time by notice in writing to the Conference Managers.
- You are entitled to access the information held by written application to the Conference Managers.
For further information please see our detailed corporate Privacy Statement at link
Sydney Shops open from 0900 to 1700 during the week with late night shopping on Thursday. On Saturdays and Sundays most shops are open from 0900 to 1900.
Arinex Pty Ltd
ABN 28 000 386 676
Level 10, 51 Druitt Street, Sydney
Ph: +61 2 9265 0700
Fax: +61 2 9267 5443