IFSM Young Scientists Assembly
Click the button below to view the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly program.
IFSM Young Scientists Assembly
About the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly – 8 & 9 September 2017
*Applications are closed*
For 50 young scientists there is an exciting opportunity to attend the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly (IFSM YSA). Previously known as the IFSM School, this day long program is being organised exclusively for IFSM Young Scientists.
Starting with the IFSM dinner on the Saturday evening, this is the ultimate opportunity for young scientists to network with experts in their field. The Assembly on the Sunday, will consist of classes taught at the University of Sydney by invited experts.
Attendees of the IFSM YSA will be able to:
- Meet Nobel Prize Winners Professor Joachim Frank and Professor Dan Shechtman, in a thought provoking panel discussion with Q&A
- Discuss career planning and development with discipline leaders
- Network with fellow future emerging leaders
This program is open to all PhD students and researchers in their early stage of career who completed their Ph.D. within five years from the date of the Congress. Applicants must first submit an abstract and then submit their application through the submission form and have at least one accepted abstract into the IMC19 Congress Program.
IFSM YSA Application Submission – Now Closed
Author Notification – 30 April 2018
IFSM YSA Application Deadline – 30 April 2018
Author Registration Deadline – 31 May 2018
IFSM YSA Notification – June 2018
How to submit:
- Create an account or login to our submission portal.
- Submit an abstract as applications for IFSM YSA will not be accepted without an abstract submitted.
- Once you have submitted an abstract and are still logged in as an author, go to ‘Home’ and select the button ‘Submit IFSM YSA Application’.
- Complete the application which includes attaching your letter of support. Click here to download the IFSM YSA letter of support template. The file must be a .doc or .docx file.
Award for successful applicants:
Successful applicants will receive the following award for the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly and IMC19 Congress:
- Attendance to the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly Dinner being held on the Captain Cook Cruise Ship ‘John Cadman 2’ on Saturday 8 September 2018
- Attendance to the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly being held at the University of Sydney on Sunday 9 September, including a light breakfast upon arrival
- One (1) night’s accommodation (excluding breakfast and incidentals) at the Mercure Sydney on Saturday 8 September 2018
- Return bus transfers to the IFSM Young Scientists Assembly Dinner (Saturday 8 September 2018) and IFSM Young Scientists Assembly (Sunday 9 September 2018) from the Mercure Sydney. On Sunday evening the bus will take you to the Welcome Reception at the ICC.
- Attendance to the IMC19 Congress Sunday 9 – Friday 14 September 2018, including the Welcome Reception on Sunday evening.
Arinex Pty Ltd
ABN 28 000 386 676
Level 10, 51 Druitt Street, Sydney
Ph: +61 2 9265 0700
Fax: +61 2 9267 5443